Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Green Romans

Spike has been studying the Romans, and more directly, Julius Caesar in history lately. A few days ago he was learning about the term Veni, Vidi, Vici and how it applied to Ceasar who conquered many places where he went. I gave Spike this worksheet to complete while I left the room for a couple minutes. The object was to take each of the pictures with the Roman word underneath and fill in what it meant in the thought bubble. I returned to this. He filled in all the thought bubbles well, except for mispelling conquered...which I let slide. He apparently thought the saying lacked a certain something though, and therefore added his own part. The drawing on the righthand side is a Roman showing you his bum with a thought bubble saying, "I pooped." To complete this, he added his made up Roman word of Vode (said vo-dee). To give the worksheet the perfect finishing touch, he colored the Romans green. He shared this valuable new saying with his older sister and they spent a good remainder of the day saying, "Veni, Vidi, Vici, Vode," or "I came, I saw, I conquered, I pooped," in other words. Ahhh...I am so glad I am trying to share some culture with them...

No comments:

Post a Comment