Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Can you feel the vibe of over-sugared children running around? Yep, that is right, Halloween was yesterday. The kiddos had plenty of fun this year, although I was originally worried that they would miss out by not being in public school and therefore missing class parties. If they thought about it at all, they did not say anything to me. First we had the trunk at treat at Grandma Lori's work; something they have looked forward to since last year. The amount of candy they got was crazy! We also had a party with some of the other homeschoolers in the area, a party at the library, and finally, trick or treating around the neighborhood. We unfortunately did miss my little nephew Lincoln's party, since I have not managed to develop an instant transportation device (might as well add it to the To Do list). Our son (I will call him Spike, per his request) was really looking forward to seeing the little guy. I cheered him up though telling him that Thanksgiving is just around the corner and is another chance to see his cousin.

Trick or treating was a lot of fun, although our little red-headed Sprout got pretty grumpy towards the end. She is too stinkin' independent! I have tried to explain that she is my little one and should at the very least hold my hand, but she does not seem to be buying it.

Oh yeah, as for their costumes this year, Princess was a dark fairy, Spike was a vampire, and Sprout was little red riding hood. Now to on the pictures!

What a cute trick-or-treater.

No, she is not eating sour candy. This is her super smile face that she likes to pose with sometimes.

Getting candy is amazing!

Spike liked getting to wear a cape.

Standing by his tombstone. Oh my!

We sprayed his hair black for Halloween night which was fun.

My cute dark fairy.

She loved this costume. I must say it did turn out pretty cool.

Watch out! She is going to cast an evil spell!

No comments:

Post a Comment