Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Preschool Time for Sprout

Our little Sprout is the tender age of 2. Although everyone knows the saying "Terrible Twos", I would have to say that she is not all that terrible. In fact, she is pretty darn awesome. She is getting to the point where she is telling us things. Recently, this has included making up something about where her shoes have gone. She has told me that our dog has bitten them, or even monsters took them. Even after I find them, she usually sticks to her story. These things are said in that particular toddler language that only those who live with said toddler can really understand. I love having funny conversations with her and just marvel at her budding personality.

During school days, when I am helping the big kids, Sprout has her assortment of things to do. These include wooden puzzles and educational videos that I regularly change out from the library, coloring, her play kitchen, or her other toys. Every now and then I let her play with some pony beads and cups since she really likes pouring the beads back and forth, although this usually leads to a lot of picking up beads for me. I do try to make things so that she is learning as well. We have started on colors, and so far she has blue and red down pretty well.

Recently, I learned that the library we often frequent has discovery time for small kids once a week. They read stories, sing songs, play with bubbles, do crafts, and all sorts of other toddler fun. What fun! Although I need another trip to the library each week like I need a bump in the head, I decided it would be a nice opportunity for her.

So off we have been heading to discovery time for Sprout. I arm the older kids with some of their assignments and they sit and work at some of the tables in the library while I spend the time with Sprout. She has been a little reserved, but really seems to like it, and is very well behaved. Even just for my benefit, it is fun watching her.


No comments:

Post a Comment